« Presumptuously Taking Ownership of Colors and Letters | Main | Quick Quote on Problems »


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


You really hit it on the nail. A couple more peculiarities: usually there are no coffee machines in hotel rooms, (at least that's the case in France), people in Europe seem to read more fiction and less self-help books. Great post!


Hi Liz,

Thanks for commenting. I forgot to mention the coffee maker. Good add. I didn't know about reading more fiction but I'm not at all surprised that they read less self-help books. They seem to have it more "together" than we do, (on the whole).

Nice blog by the way. If I ever go to Corsica, I'll be sure to look you up.


Aleksandar M. Velkoski

Good points Atul. Updated maps may be of help as well!



Paul Goulas

Hello Atul,
I agree with everything you mentioned about traveling in Europe. I am Greek, so I go to Europe every summer to visit family and friends. I took my American friend to Greece with me this past summer and he loved it. But there are some things he wished he had done differently. For instance one thing that bothered him was that he did not know how to speak the language at all and understand any of it. So like you had said learn how to say some important words and greeting phrases. I also have to add that if you want to drive in a European country you have to have an International Driving Permit. You can get it at any AAA office. All you have to do is bring your valid U.S driver’s license, $10 (plus tax and shipping and handling: $11.90 if from the United States and $14.60 if you are already overseas), and two ORIGINAL passport-size photos (also available at AAA offices). The International Driving Permit (IDP) is a document that provides important information from your driver's license in eleven different languages, including English. There are some countries that do not recognize a driver's license from the United States, but officially recognize an IDP (e.g. Spain). The IDP can satisfy these types of situations. Keep in mind, however, that while a certain country's government may not require an IDP, car rental companies located in that country, such as Hertz, may require an IDP to rent a car. Purchasing an IDP prior to departure can save a lot of potential hassles.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Product Idea Licensing

Renavance Logo

Visitors & Subscribers

  • Visit Stats

    View My Stats
  • Subscribers